Date: Tuesday, May 2
Location: Marriott Oak Brook Hotel | 1401 W. 22nd. Street | Oak Brook, IL 60523
The featured presentation will be a Human Resources update provided by Michael D. Karpeles. Michael chairs the Chicago Labor & Employment Practice and has wide-ranging experience in complex commercial litigation with a concentration in employment law. The presentation will focus on credit/criminal background checking, right to work in IL and WI, new minimum wage and overtime laws, and more.
1. “Ban the Box” Laws and Credit/Criminal Background Checking
2. Right to Work in Illinois and Wisconsin
3. New Minimum Wage and Overtime Laws and Developments
4. Independent Contractor Misclassification Issues
5. Protecting Company Confidential Information and Addressing Noncompete Agreements
The meeting will be in conjunction with the Chicago Tappi Trade Fair. This Trade Fair will include several supplier companies showcasing new and exciting products and solutions for the industry.
4:30 PM Registration Open
5:30 PM AICC Cocktail Hour
6:30 PM Dinner
7:15 PM AICC Update - Steve Young, AICC President
7:30 PM Keynote Speaker on HR Update - Michael Karpeles, JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School; BA, summa cum laude, Wheaton College
- "Ban the Box" Laws and Credit/Criminal Background Checking
- Right to Work in Illinois and Wisconsin
- New Minimum Wage and Overtime Laws & Developments
- Independent Contractor Misclassification Issues
- Protecting Company Confidential Information & Addressing Noncompete Agreements
Back to Top
The meeting will take place at the Marriott Oak Brook Hotel, located at 1401 W 22nd Street, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
Visit the hotel website.
Back to Top
Dinner Sponsor - $1500
Cocktail Reception Sponsor - $950
Sponsors will have signage and receive recognition during remarks.