Online | Anytime
AICC Member: Free
Glass is a material that is widely used in the alcohol,
soda, and food industries due to its perceived quality image, barrier
properties, and tactile feel. Glass is the only material that is 100%
recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without loss in quality or purity -
something no other food and beverage packaging option can claim. This eLearning
course teaches you how to source different types of glass packaging. It also
covers the manufacturing, sustainability and design of glass containers.
1. Overview the glass market and industry throughout the years and its sustainability for the future.
2. Understand the glass manufacturing process from raw materials to final inspection.
3. Discern the pros and cons of glass vs. plastic.
4. Understand glass finishing, labeling, and decorating applications.
5. Evaluate product filing methods and glass distribution.
Who should attend: Employees with a need to understand glass packaging in order to better service packaging customers.
Note: You must have an account with AICC in order to register. When you click the above "Register Now" page, it will give you the opportunity to find and log into your account, or find it. If you have never purchased a product from AICC and never registered for an event, then you can create an account for yourself.