2/7/2018 to 2/8/2018
Wednesday, February 7 - Thursday, February 8, 2018
Sun Automation Group
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, Maryland 2221321057
« Go to Upcoming Event List
This premiere workshop is the chance of a lifetime. It was built based on the movement to digital taking place in paper packaging and the need for a well thought out plan for meeting customer expectations. Learn from knowledgeable developers and users in digital print for corrugated. This course will be held at Sun Automation where training will take place in a classroom with hands-on access to state-of-the-art digital printers.
This course is intended for companies who are starting to get into digital or those who are thinking about it. The course will touch all the concerns and issues with direct digital print on corrugated. Many areas of the course will have hands-on training using digital printers available. The course will be presented in an open format, which will include time for detail questions and answers on specific topics.
- Understand what's capable in digital and better understand customer needs and expectations. You’ll review the many digital printer types to determine what is best for your market.
- Workflow concept required for preprint activities, including file generation from your customer or yourself, Color management to assure correct color matching to the paper used and the internal software for the print engine to place the ink on the paper. You will learn about different drop sizes and their effect on the printed file.
- Review the Business Model of Digital including disruption and changes to your current production processing system, Hardware and support personnel and cost differences of the digitally printed sheet versus flexo printing. The course will review the Total Cost of Ownership model, including decisions on print head life, staffing, ink costs and capital expenditure.
By the end of the seminar, you will leave with the knowledge you need to go further in digital and get the results you are looking for when you return home. You'll also leave with a vastly expanded set of possibilities for getting started in digital and building a digital platform for your customers at the level and pace that works for your company.
Who Should Attend:
- Business owners
- Marketing personnel
AICC Member Early Bird: $1295
AICC Member Late: $1495
David Carmichael spent his formative years in the HVAC industry, focused on technical service. Applying his general technical knowledge and propensity towards new product development, he entered the packaging and printing space. In 2006, David joined MEGTEC Systems, Inc. as a field service coordinator and later, digital printing service coordinator. Looking to expand his expertise, he joined SUN Automation Group® three years ago and currently oversees the technical aspects of the company’s latest digital printing innovation- CorrStream. As the Technical Manager for the CorrStream product line, David has been responsible for helping to ensure the technology is production line ready and operational- an effort achieved in early-2016 and successfully in BETA testing.
Over the last decade, David has been called upon to train or work alongside project managers and engineers throughout the printing industry. His keen industry knowledge has also led him to present at various AICC and TAPPI conferences. He carries numerous industry certifications, including a PMP certificate from the Project Management Institute.
Other Trainers Include:
- Brad Albright – Director, Business
- Troy Hewgly - Regional Sales and Business Development, DS Smith
- Jerry Fitch – Account Manager, Sensient Colors
- Phil Hackney - Technical Support Specialist, ErgoSoft
- David Carmichael – Technical Manager Digital Technologies, SUN Automation
- Darin Boling - Technical Specialist, SUN Automation
12201 Long Green Pike
Glen Arm, MD 21057
SUN Automation Group® is a global industry leader providing corrugated box plants with innovative equipment for feeding, printing and converting. The wide range of products are proven solutions for increasing production, efficiency, and profitability. With 24/7 on-site technical support, SUN Automation is known for its exceptional service and care. Headquartered outside of Baltimore, MD, SUN Automation has service centers around the globe.