5/2/2018 to 5/3/2018
Wednesday, May 2 - Thursday, May 3, 2018
Fosber America, Inc.
1333 Parkview Ave.
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54313
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Classroom & Hands-On Corrugator Training
This course explores and explains the purpose and function
of each section of the complicated corrugating machine. Instructors will describe
and demonstrate the best practices for operation and troubleshooting a
corrugator on machine sections in the Fosber training facility. By this method,
participants are able to examine the inner workings and design of the machine
that leads to a better understanding of both how and why best practices should
be common practices.
- Have a better understanding of the corrugator.
- Identify and understand the function of each section of the corrugator.
- Gain a strong knowledge of best practices that should be used when working with the machine.
- Establish your own best practices to take home to your plant for corrugator efficiency.
This Course Covers:
- Bonding and basic troubleshooting.
- Starch & heat transfers.
- Typical running parameters.
- How to conduct heat & temperature analysis using IR guns and thermal imaging devices.
Super Early Bird Rate (Before Friday, March 2, 2018 ): $995
AICC Member: $1,395
Scott Ellis, Ed.D, Working Well
Dr. Ellis is a leadership and process improvement specialist who serves on AICC’s faculty to assist in building Packaging School curriculum. Scott has served as a resource for development of individuals, teams, and organizations as a consultant, teacher, psychotherapist, coach, and general manager in the packaging industry for two decades. His pragmatic approach is focused on making it easy to do the right things right.
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
2040 Airport Drive
Green Bay, WI 54313
Reserve by Phone: 1-920-494-9599
Room Rate: $91.00
Room Block Code: AICC
Host Plant Fosber America Inc. Headquarters
1333 Parkview Road
Green Bay, WI 54304-5622View Website
Fosber America is a solely owned subsidiary of Fosber S.p.A
out of Lucca, Italy. Founded in 1978, Fosber S.p.A began manufacturing stackers
and conveyors for the European marketplace. As the company grew, it expanded
its product line to include the complete DryEnd. In July 1988, Fosber America was founded in Green Bay,
Wisconsin and today is a full corrugated machinery and roll manufacturer. Their
complete corrugator is offered in widths of 98" or 110" and speeds up
to 1250 FPM. All of Fosber's machinery is backed by their world-class
installation, training, service, spare parts and sales departments.
Course AgendaDay 1 | 8:00 am - 5:00
Day 2 | 8:00 am – 4:00
- What is a corrugator?
- Purpose and function of each machine
- Paper characteristics
- Steam and heat
- Starch characteristics
- Introduction to the bonding process
- Heat transfer basics
- Intermediate bonding topics
- Glue line analysis
- Quality checks
- Tools for troubleshooting
- Warp basics
- Hands on tour of each section of a corrugator & corrugated roll rejuvenation facility