AICC Mexico has put together another great Annual Meeting with a new format that offers more programming and networking opportunities for attendees! The meeting will be held in the beautiful city of Guadalajara, the second largest city in Mexico and a major Mexican business center. It is a city which celebrates both Mexico’s cultural traditions while embracing the new modern technology of today.
What to Expect:
- Outlook of the global corrugated containerboard market focusing on Mexico.
- Challenges & perspectives of the Mexican economy prior to 2018 presidential election.
- Learn the best practices for performance and results of Flexo primping machines (FFG), rotary die cutting machines (RDC) and digital printing (DP).
- Hear from Mario Perez, Segunda Mano & Randy Banks of Sharp International on e-commerce & it's impact on the corrugated industry.
Spotlight of Industry Innovations
- Learn from 10 industry suppliers about their newest innovations in the corrugated industry.
AICC Member Early Bird (Before April 16)
Registration - $350
Box plant special (+2) - $300
Associate Member- $600
Non- Member Early Bird (Before April 16)
Box plant special (+2)- $500
Associate Member- $700
AICC Member (After April, 17)
Registration - $450
Box plant special (+2) - $400
Associate Member- $800
Non-Member (After April, 17)
Registration - $800
Box plant special (+2)- $600
Associate Member- $900
Download Registration Form - Spanish
Download Meeting Brochure
For additional information, please contact:
MX 18 Trade Fair
Download Trade Fair Floorplan
Download Trade fair Application Form
- Alliance Machine
- ARC International
- BCM Inks
- British Converting Solutions
- BW Papersystems
- Erhardt + Leimer
- Global BoxMachine
- Goettsch/JB Machinery
- Grafica Villalba
- OKM Machine
- Sharp International
- SUN Automation
Schedule of Events
Download Spanish Schedule
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Training Seminar: Best Practices on FFG, RDC & DP
Les Pickering, Co-Founder, Quadrant 5
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
AICC Mexico Emerging Leaders Program
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Opening Night Reception
May 17, 2018
8:30 am– 9:00 am
9:00 am - 9:05 am
Welcome & Opening Remarks
Pedro Aguirre, General Manager, Tecnologia del Carton & President, AICC México
9:05 am – 9:10 am
Overview of AICC
Al Hoodwin, CEO, Michigan City Paper Box & Chairman, AICC
9:10 am – 9:15 am
What's New in AICC
Steve Young, President, AICC
9:15 am – 9:20 am
Sergio Farfan, Executive Director, AICC Mexico
9:20 am – 10:20 am
- What’s going on in the North America Containerboard Industry?
Matt Elhardt, VP, North America, Fisher International, Inc.
- What's going on in the Mexican Containerboard Industry?
Agustín Anaya, CEO, Papeles y Conversiones de Mexico (PCM)
10:20 am – 10:35 am
10:35 am – 10:40am
Hall of Fame Announcement
10:40 am – 11:45 am
Keynote Presentation: Challenges and Perspectives of the Mexican Economy
Lic. Rafael Ramírez, MBA, Prof. IPADE
11:45 am – 1:00 pm
Spotlight: Industry Innovations - Companies present on new innovations that will help to improve the industry bottom-line.
1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
1:45 pm – 3:30 pm
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Overview of the Political and Financial Economy prior 2018 Presidential elections in Mexico
Oscar Vera Ferrer, Consulting & Economic Strategies
4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
Panel: Challenges and Opportunities of E-commerce in Mexico
- Randy Banks, President, Sharp International
- Mario Perez, Segunda Mano
4:45 pm– 6:00 pm
Closing Keynote: The Trump era and the bilateral challenges for Mexico
Dr. Rodrigo de León González, Prof. IPADE
Friday, May 18, 2018
8:00 am – 9:00 am
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Plant Tour: Grupo Gondi Empaques Modernos de PEOSA
Rafael Ramírez de Alba López
Professor and Academic Department Head, Economic Environment Department, IPADE Business School, Associate Dean of the Executive MBA, IPADE Business School, Member of IPADE’s Top Management Committee
- MBA with a concentration in Finance, Columbia Business School, New York.
- BA in Economics, Universidad Panamericana (UP), Mexico City.
- Financial Analysis, User Decision Analysis and Investment Analysis, CCIM Institute.
- Capital Leadership Development Experience, GE Capital.
- Sr. Director of Debt Origination, GE Real Estate, 2007-2011.
- Business Development Director for the residential mortgage business, GE Money Mexico, 2004-2007.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Clínica para el Control Total de la Diabetes.
- Strategic Investments Manager, ASA, 2002-2004.
- Associate in the Investment Banking Division, Latin America Advisory Group, Goldman, Sachs & Co., 2000-2002.
- Advisor to the Director General of FOVI (currently Sociedad Hipotecaria Federal-SHF), Banco de México, 1996-1998.
- Full time professor at Universidad Panamericana from 1994 to 1996, visiting from 1996 to
- 1998 and 2002 to 2006. Lectured on Statistics, Economics, Corporate Finance and Financial Engineering.
Leslie A. Pickering
Mr. Pickering brings over 40 years of experience in international process improvement, manufacturing and operations. He is a recognized Toyota Production System specialist who has implemented successful transformation methodologies within the Packaging, Beverages, Large Warehousing, Plastics and Automotive industries.
Mr. Pickering has been involved and led teams that implemented state of the art, world-class manufacturing facilities. Mr. Pickering was responsible for several major installations that consistently outperform comparative processes two to five fold. Mr. Pickering has gathered and shared best practices from three continents - Europe, Australia and The Americas.
Mr. Pickering holds a degree in Mechanical and Production Engineering.
Rodrigo de León González
Former President & CEO of McDonald's, Philanthropist & NASCAR Enthusiast
- Executive Doctorate in Business program, J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University.
- Management Program (D-1), IPADE Business School.
- MA in Marketing and Advertising, Universidad Anáhuac.
- BA in Philosophy, Universidad Panamericana (UP).
- Colloquium on Participant-Centered Learning (CPCL), Harvard Business School, 2007.
- Various courses on Mexico’s electoral and political environment.
- Deputy Director, Center of Studies for Institutional Governance (CEGI), IPADE Business School.
- Director, Advanced Management Program (AD).
- Director, Management Program (D-1), IPADE Business School.
- Admissions Director, Executive Education Programs, IPADE Business School.
- Program Director, Chihuahua campus, IPADE Business School.
- Program Director, Mérida campus, IPADE Business School.
- Consultant on social responsibility and sustainability, socio-political environment in Mexico, social marketing, strategic planning, civil society organizations, and government development variables.
Vice President, Business Development, Fisher International, Inc
Matt Elhardt is a strategic planning professional with close to 15 years of pulp and paper industry experience in sales, marketing, product development, and operations. His areas of expertise include identifying growth potential and achieving performance end-goals through strategic management, pricing and margin optimization, and anticipating marketplace dynamics.
At Fisher International, Matt helps clients leverage Fisher’s resources to achieve their objectives particularly in assessing disruption and predicting price cycles and turning points in pulp, containerboard, kraft paper, kraft board, recycled board, and OCC markets.
Prior to joining Fisher International, Matt held management positions in marketing and operations at Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, being responsible for corporate strategy and marketing during the period Longview underwent “the best turnaround in the past 25 years,” according to Mark Wilde, a well-known paper industry stock analyst.
Matt received his MBA from the University of Washington and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from Washington State University.
Creator & Editor of Container-board.com
Randy Banks is the president of Sharp International, a Virginia-based company that specializes in equipment and European white top linerboard for the corrugated industry. Randy is the liaison for several suppliers to the corrugated industry and serves as the North American agent for LEIPA, EFI-ESCADA, FRIESE Corrugating Rolls, Korutest/Chalmers DST, Serra, and Cristini.
Randy is also the creator and editor of the online magazine, www.container-board.com
, which focuses exclusively on the corrugated industry.
Randy is a regular speaker at corrugated industry events and is a member of both the AICC and TAPPI.
Creator & Editor of Container-board.com
Mr. Anaya is an engineer with more than 29-year experience in the industry. Along the years, he worked as project engineer, Industrial Engineer Manager, Material Control Manager, General Manager, and Paper Division CEO in several in companies such as Compañia Papelera Maldonado S.A., Papelera de Chihuahua S.A., and Grupo Industrial Copamex. In 1993, he was appointed CEO and General Manager of Papeles y Conversiones de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Dr. Oscar Vera Ferrer
Partner Director of Asesoria y Estrategia Economica, S.C.
Vera has a degree in Economics from UNAM, a PhD in Economics from York
University, England, and a Diploma from the Institute for Management Studies,
Lausana, Switzerland. He has been CEO of the Center for Economic Studies of the
Private Sector, Corporate Director of Economic Studies of DESC Group, Chief
Economist for Mexico and Latin America of Deutsche Bank, A.G. (Germany),
Mexico’s representative in the Corporate Economists Advisory Group of the
International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France, and President of the
Economic Studies Committee of Finan. He has also been Visiting Professor at the
University of Alberta, Canada. Today,
Oscar is Partner Director of Asesoria y
Estrategia Economica, S.C. He has published 3 books and several articles in
specialized journals in Mexico and abroad.
Strategic Planning Director
Mario Perez has a degree
in International Business from Tecnológico de Monterrey, a diploma in Supply
Chain from EBC and eCommerce from LITS Ebusiness Academy. Ten years of
experience in development, design, implementation and execution of processes
and strategies adapted to the development of business models of eCommerce & digital business. Mario is an expert in the use of Google Analytics, and other BI models. Mario
has developed in areas of procurement, marketing and digital
strategy in companies such as Linio, Level Up store in Air Design and Air
Design PETS projects.
Production Seminar (FFG, RDC & DP)
Wednesday, May 16, 2018 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm | Speaker: Les Pickering
Download Production Seminar Form
Les Pickering will present the best practices for the performance and results of Flexo primping machines (FFG), rotary die cutting machines (RDC) and digital printing (DP).
The AICC meeting is the ideal place to meet
those members who will be relevant to improve your business. You will meet with
industry leaders, marketing and production experts, and industry suppliers as
well as your peers to learn about innovation in products, best practices, and
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Trade Fair - 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Cocktail Hour - 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Spotlight of Industry Innovations
Thursday, May 17, 2018 | 11:45 am – 1:00 pm
The companies below will be presenting on the new innovations that will help to improve the industry!
The deadline to submit
the presentation is Friday, May 4.
Grupo Gondi “Empaques Modernos de PEOSA”
Friday, May 18, 2018
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Grupo Gondi is a leading paper packaging company in Mexico, strongly committed to its consumers, collaborators, investors, the environment and Mexico – where, over the past 60 years it has positioned itself as one of the major players in the paper and packaging industry.
Grupo Gondi is composed of 15 companies and a labor force of more than 7,000 employees. Thanks to our multi-plant approach we offer integral packing and packaging solutions, specializing in the production of paper, corrugated cardboard boxes, pre-printed corrugated boxes and solid fiber containers, folding containers, boxes of micro –corrugated cardboard boxes and labels as well as services that support the manufacture of these products.
We rely on certified processes, international standards which allow us to offer high-quality products and services on the market, based on a vertical integration that comprises the manufacture of paper of 100% recycled fibers as well as the creation of consumables and tools that contribute to the manufacture of our final product.
In addition, Grupo Gondi exports packaging products indirectly to over 159 countries, having presence in the five continents.
Wednesday, May 16 | Plaza Guadalajara Hotel, Salon Tonala | 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
12.00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Welcome to the Emerging Leaders Group - Steve Young, President of AICC Mike D'Ángelo, VP of AICC & Al Hoodwin, Chairman of AICC
- Lic. Pedro Aguirre, President of AICC Mexico
- Yair Caballero, Emerging Leaders Mexico Committee
- Emerging Leaders Introduction
- Overview of Emerging Leaders Program
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
1:45 pm - 5:00 pm
- Review of ELM1 Preliminary Meeting Minutes
- Definition of Topics (Contents, Tasks, Periodicity, Leader and Alternate Leader, Commitments, and Rules of Operation)
- Speaker: Terry-Lynn Levesque of Royal Containers, Emerging Leaders Delegrate
- Speaker: Erika Salinas, "Theory of Conflict: How to Thrive, Get an Advantage, and Win"
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Trade Fair Open
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Welcome Cocktail Reception
Riu Plaza Guadalajara Hotel
AICC Mexico Room Rates:
Deluxe room $85.00 USD per night + tax
Executive room $125.00 USD per night + taxSuite room $175.00 USD per night + tax
Reservation Deadline: Friday, May 4, 2018
Reserve Online: Make online reservations
Reserve Room by Phone: Call toll free at 01-800-225-5748 (Mexico) | 1-888-748-4990 (US) Hotel Group Code: AICC18.
**Attendees are encouraged to make their hotel reservations before the group cut-off dat
e of Friday, May 4, 2018 in order to be guaranteed availability, and to ensure they receive the special group rate.
meeting cancellations must be made in writing and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Cancellations received in
writing on or before April 30, will receive a full refund of their paid meeting
registration and event fee less a $50 processing fee per person registered.
Cancellations received in writing from May 1 to the 10 will receive 50% of
their paid meeting registration and event fees per person registered.
Cancellations received in writing on or after May 11 and no-shows will NOT
receive a refund of any fees paid.