Lean into the Future of Your Workforce!
Join us as we look at how continuous improvement, 5s, and machine optimization affect your company and your employees, along with the key economic and market forces that will shape your future positioning.
Register for Summit:
Download Reg Form
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Hotel & Travel:
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Call to book: 609-317-1000
Hotel Deadline has passed. Rooms are still available at the Borgata, but not at the group rate.
Stockton Seaview Golf Club–Pines Course
401 South New York Road | Galloway, NJ 08205
Shotgun start at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 6, 2018. Transportation to course on own. Approximate 15-minute drive from Borgata. Boxed lunches will be provided for all golfers at the Golf Club.
Host of the 1942 PGA Championship, this artfully sculpted track winds through the scenic pinelands on the west side of Stockton Seaview, the 18-hole Pines Course covers roughly 6,700 yards of challenging golf with a course rating of 71.7.
Gene Marks, Columnist, Author, Small Business Owner & CPA
Small business keynote speaker Gene Marks helps small business owners, executives and managers understand the political, economic and technological trends that will affect their companies so they can make profitable decisions. As a professional speaker and small business expert, Gene has talked at industry conventions, corporate events, and professional trade shows.
Gene is also a small business writer. He has authored multiple books for small business owners and is a featured small business columnist in many national online publications.
Gene has talked at annual meetings, industry conferences, and corporate events.
Leslie A. Pickering, Co-Owner, Quadrant5
Leslie brings over 40 years of experience in international process improvement, manufacturing and operations. He is a recognized Toyota Production System specialist who has implemented successful transformation methodologies within the Packaging, Beverages, Large Warehousing, Plastics and Automotive industries.
Leslie has been involved and led teams that implemented state of the art, world-class manufacturing facilities. He was responsible for several major installations that consistently outperform comparative processes two to five fold. Mr. Pickering has gathered and shared best practices from three continents - Europe, Australia and The Americas.
Leslie holds a degree in Mechanical and Production Engineering.
Sarilee Norton, President of Norton Associates
has over 40 years of experience in the paper and packaging industries. Sarilee was Vice President of Corporate Strategy for Packaging Corporation of America. At PCA she directed the company's business planning and analysis activities and strategic transaction opportunities prior to the restructuring of the company into PCA, the containerboard and corrugated business, and Pactiv, the leading consumer and food service packaging company. She has also held sales, marketing and general management positions at Union Camp Corporation and Temple-Inland.
Sarilee's consulting practice has been focused in paper, plastics and related packaging industries. She has worked for or consulted with most of the major containerboard companies in the U.S., including Mead/Westvaco, Temple-Inland, Packaging Corporation of America, WestRock, International Paper, and Acme Corrugated Box. She has also done project work for some major European players. Sarilee follows the industry on a daily basis and is current with market conditions, pricing, company activities and strategies. She is a frequent speaker at industry events and has written for or been interviewed by industry publications on state of the business and markets. She has also worked with major private equity firms to evaluate investment opportunities. Sarilee is the co-author of three RISI multi-client studies. The first, The Future of Lightweight Containerboard in North America, was published in 2010. The second, The Future of North American Containerboard, a Strategic View, was published in 2017. A companion volume covering the corrugated sector was released in May, 2018.
Sarilee holds a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School and an M.B.A. degree from Columbia University. Sarilee served on the boards of Caraustar Industries and Woodhead Industries.
Schedule of Events
(subject to change)
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
- 12:30 PM Lunch available
- 1:00 PM Lunch with Welcome & Introductions
- 1:10 PM Strength in Numbers, Al Hoodwin, Chairman, AICC
- 1:20 PM AICC Update, Steve Young, President, AICC
- 1:30 PM A look at Continuous Improvement & 5s Keynote by Les Pickering, followed by an interactive panel of AICC members
- Jeremy Cohen, Acme Corrugated
- Matt Grossbard, President Container Group
- Bob Clark, Unicorr/Connecticut Container
- 3:15 PM How the AICC Associate Members are Dealing with Workforce Challenges & What We Can Learn From Them
- Kevin Marston, Bobst
- Jeff Pallini, Fosber
- Keith Umlauf, Haire Group
- Randy Wright, EAM Mosca
- 5:30 PM Networking Reception
Thursday, September 6, 2018
- 7:30 AM Breakfast available
- 8:05 AM Presentation by Sarilee Norton, Norton Associates
- 8:25 AM Strategic Planning for the Independent Converter
- What are the key economic & market forces in play in the next few years that will shape your future & what strategies should you be considering to maximize your company’s future positioning?
- Mitch Klingher, CPA, Klingher Nadler
- Adam Josephson, CFA, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- 9:50 AM Update on Washington, Trump & Taxes
- Gene Mark, The Marks Group
- 11:20 AM Boxed lunches available for golfers over at Stockton Seaview Golf Club (transportation to the course is on your own)
- 12:00 PM Golf Tournament Shotgun Start - Stockton Seaview Golf Club
- 4:00 PM Golf Awards & BBQ Dinner - Stockton Seaview Golf Club (spouse/guests welcome)
Sr. Meeting Manager