Please join us for AICC's 2019 Southeast Summit at the beautiful Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Jacksonville, Florida. The Summit will feature a tour of WestRock Graphic Solutions and an educational session on succession planning, marijuana in the workplace--an HR concern for many--and developing a profitable sales portfolio. There will be plenty of time to network with other industry professionals at networking receptions and the Southeast Golf Tournament being held at TPC Sawgrass Dye's Valley Course.
AICC Member Registration:
- Single Registration $325
- Boxmaker Discount for 2 attendees - $260 each
- Boxmaker Discount for 3 attendees - $250 each
- Boxmaker Discount for 4 attendees - $240 each
- Boxmaker Discount for 5 attendees - $230 each (For 6+ attendees, contact AICC for pricing)
- Guest Fee $115 (Guests are invited and encouraged to attend all networking receptions)
- Golf Fee $275
Download Reg Form
Tuesday, August 20
6:00 PM Welcome Networking Reception (American Gator Club Deck)
Wednesday, August 21
7:00 AM Breakfast Available
7:30 AM Depart for plant tour
- Tour of WestRock Graphic Solutions Groups
11:00 AM Return to hotel - Lunch provided
11:30 AM Educational Program Begins
- "Assuring the Successful Continuation of Your Family Business" - Leon & Terrance Resnick, Resnick Associates
- "Marijuana in the Workplace & Substance Testing" - Christine Walters, JD, MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, FiveL Company
- "Developing the Most Profitable Portfolio of Sales Activities" - Keith Thomas, Director – Strategic Initiatives & Business Development, Michigan City Paper Box
4:15 PM Wrap Up & Adjourn
6:00 PM Networking Reception
Thursday, August 22
7:00 AM Light Breakfast Available (golfers only)
- Transportation to the course is on your own. The hotel provides a shuttle that runs every 15-20mins. By car, it's about 5-mins away. Plan accordingly.
- Driving range & putting green open at 7:00am
9:30 AM Golf Tournament Shotgun Start
- Dye's Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass
- Boxed lunches will be served to all golfers on the course between 11:30-12:00pm
2:00 PM Golf Awards Announcement & Reception
Thursday, August 22 | Shotgun Start: 9:30pm
Course: TPC Sawgrass - a PGA Tour Experience - Dye's Valley Course
110 Championship Way, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- Rate: $275
- Rentals Fee: $86
- Transportation: On your own. The resort runs a shuttle every 15-20 mins to the course. If you drive, it's about 5-mins. Plan accordingly.
- Play the TPC Stadium Course too! - TPC offers discounted summer rates for the two courses. The Stadium course is $300 per player in August. To make a reservation, call 904-285-7777 and request the golf shop.
Dye's Valley Course
Experience the beautiful coastal scenery of Ponte Vedra at TPC® Sawgrass, home to 36 holes of championship golf on two meticulously-maintained courses. As the world headquarters of professional golf, these courses offer an unparalleled experience. Guests at the adjacent Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa enjoy privileged access to both courses.
With wide rolling fairways, larger greens, challenging water holes and a peaceful, unassuming feel, Dye's Valley Course is the perfect place to play a round of golf during your Ponte Vedra visit.
Seasoned and casual golfers alike can benefit from the design of this golf course, with its wider fairways and larger greens. This is still a challenging course, as water comes into play on all 18 holes. There is even a chance for the long hitters to potentially reach some of the par-5 holes in two strokes.
Build Brand Awareness & Increase Your Reach
Please Welcome Networking Reception (Tues) $1000
Networking Reception (Wed) $1000 SOLD
Breakfast Sponsor $500
Lunch Sponsor $500
Golf Box Lunch Sponsor $500
Golf Reception Sponsorr $500
Closest to the Pin Sponsor $250
Longest Putt Sponsor $250
Golf Hole Sponsor $200
Gold Sponsor $1000
Silver Sponsor $500
Bronze Sponsor $250
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
1000 PGA Tour Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Please note that we are past the deadline (which was August 1) for the AICC Group Rate at the hotel. Rooms are still available at the Sawgrass Marriott, but rates will fluctuate. Check online or call the hotel for more information.
Book Online: Click Here
Book by Phone: 800-457-4653
Please note that hotel rate includes a resort fee, which covers the following during your stay:
- Two complimentary cocktails in the Lobby Bar (per stay)
- Complimentary Spa Fitness Center Classes Daily
- Private Access to the Cabana Beach Club, including shuttle service
- Shuttle Service to TPC Golf Course
- Complimentary Miniature Golf Daily
- Complimentary one hour bicycle rentals for four bikes
A perfect resort to bring the family! At the newly renovated Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, they provide business and leisure guests all the ingredients for a winning stay. A spa, four pools and a variety of attractive indoor and outdoor dining options offer choices for relaxing, dining and mingling. Privileged access to iconic golf at the adjacent TPC® Sawgrass and to their private recently renovated Cabana Beach Club with dining overlooking the Atlantic ocean are each a quick, complimentary shuttle ride. Genuinely warm hospitality, a casual ambience and pleasant weather year-round await guests. Click here for the hotel activity guide.
The resort is also conveniently located (walking distance) to the Sawgrass Village which offers additional dining options, shopping, and more. Click here for a Village directory map.
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) - 30-mins from the resort
- The Sawgrass Marriott hotel works with East Coast Transportation, who provides hourly shuttles or private cars for guests to travel between the Jacksonville airport and the hotel.
The following service options and rates are available:
The hourly shuttle leaves every hour, on top of the hour during the below listed times. The hourly shuttle is $48.00 for the initial reservation, and then $38.00 per additional guest in that reservation.
- Airport Arrival Shuttle Times: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Resort Departure Shuttle Times: 5:00am – 5:00pm
Any attendee that is scheduled to arrive or depart outside of the listed shuttle times are able to select from the below additional transportation service options (but these options are available for selection at any time as well):
- Private Sedan $99.00 (Seats 1-2 guests w/ luggage).
- Private SUV $165.00 (Seats 3-5 guests w/ luggage).
To book, click here.
Developing the Most Profitable Portfolio of Sales Activities
Keith Thomas, Michigan City Paper Box Co.
It is often engrained in our instruction and thinking to go after the “low hanging fruit”. Well some of that is good, but too much low hanging fruit may run interference to pursuits that are higher on the tree. It may be those higher fruits that have the potential to really move the needle of your organization. What are the potential components of a profitable portfolio of sales activities, and which of those should you select? This session will have you considering some paths that might not always be those with the least resistance.
Got Pot? Marijuana in the Workplace & Substance Testing
Christine V. Walters, JD, MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR Sole Proprietor, FiveL
Across the nation we see three trends related to laws addressing the use of marijuana: (1) legalization; (2) decriminalization: (3) and legal use of medically prescribed marijuana. Each has actual or potential implications in the workplace and to employers’ related policies, practices and programs. Join this interactive program as we look at the latest legislative trends, court interpretations and practical application for pitfalls to avoid and proactive practices including:
Which states have legalized, decriminalized and/or authorized medically prescribed marijuana;
A “Top Ten” list of associated, potential pitfalls that may impact employers’ liability, employment practices and/or operating costs;
How to balance federal rules (DOT, OSHA, DOJ) that are stricter than state laws
Who, when, how and for what substances can an employer test without running afoul the ADA and related testing laws; and
Some practical tips, suggestions and questions to consider for updating your general and related workplace policies, programs and practices.
Assuring the Successful Continuation of Your Family Business Associates
Leon and Terrance Resnick, Resnick Associates
In understandable language, business owners will learn needed tools and strategies in the areas of business succession and wealth preservation and eventual transition of assets (with special focus on their business). Typically the more successful business owners become, they also become more vulnerable. Accordingly, techniques will be discussed showing how to combat those vulnerabilities and assure that the successful business remains just that – successful! Among the areas of focus will be why successful businesses ultimately fail, the importance of coordinating estate plans with succession plans, addressing active vs. inactive children within a family business (does it make sense to leave the business to all the children?), liquidity issues, valuation methodologies that will satisfy the IRS while lowering the tax bill, the proper type of buy-sell agreements that allow for maximum tax savings and most cost efficiency and insurance funding mistakes that often result in millions of dollars in taxes paid that could have been legally avoided and solutions to avoid this scenario. The seminar wraps up by tying in many of the areas of the seminar discussion into a real life compelling family business case study that is sure to strike a chord with everyone in the audience!