Recognizing Safety Excellence
AICC presents the Independent Safe Shop Awards, an annual recognition of AICC Member Companies for outstanding performance in plant safety in the last year.
This annual recognition has been given to all member companies that met the following criteria in 2018:
- 2018 OSHA Recordable Incident Rate is less than 2.5
- 2018 OSHA Lost Work Days Incident Rate = 0 (zero)
All rates (Recordable Incident Rate and the Lost Work Days Incident Rate) were calculated by the AICC using their signed OSHA 300A.
The 2019 Independent Safe Shop Award Winners are:
- Abbott-Action, Inc., Attleboro, MA
- Akers Packaging Solutions, Inc., Huntington, WV
- Akers Packaging Solutions, Inc., Middletown, OH
- Akers Packaging Solutions, Inc., Oreana, IL
- Alliance Sheets, LLC, Bristol, IN
- Arrow Box Company of St. Louis, Kirkwood, MO
- Box-Board Products, Greensboro, NC
- Buckeye Boxes, Inc., Columbus, OH
- Hoosier Container, Inc., Richmond, IN
- Jamestown Container Cleveland, Macedonia, OH
- Jamestown Container, HP Nuen Division, Lyons, NY
- Lawrence Paper Company, American Packaging Division, South Hutchinson, KS
- McElroy Packaging, Inc., Orrville, OH
- Wunderlich Fibre Box Company, St. Louis, MO
Prior to the Independent Safe Shop Awards, which launched in 2017, AICC held the Operation Safe Shop Competition. This was a biannual competition recognizing members by category: corrugator plant, sheet supplier, sheet plant less than 50 employees, sheet plant greater than 50 employees, folding carton operation, and rigid box maker. See the winners below.