AICC to Host First Lithographic Print Best Practices Seminar
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Posted by: Alyce Ryan
AICC, The Independent Packaging Association, has developed a new seminar: Lithographic Print Best Practices, to be held Wednesday, June 13-Thursday, June 14 at California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, Cali.
It’s never been more important to understand the value provided by various types of print technology. Never has effective production been as essential to profitability as it is right now. During this course, the best practices of lithographic/offset printing will be shared at one of the world’s premier packaging schools.
Taught by Xiaoying Rong, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Graphic Communication Department
California Polytechnic State University and Scott Ellis, Ed. D, Working Well, LLC, the course will cover:
- Packaging & label market overview
- Offset printing principles
- Press structure & plate technologies
- Designing specifically for litho
- Pre-press workflow color management
- Comparison between litho & other processes (digital, flexo, gravure)
The seminar will include hands-on learning as well as lectures.
Who should attend?
- Operators and supervisors of lithographic printing equipment
- Designers of litho boxes (for label or single face lamination)
- Salespeople of litho print
- Purchasers of litho print