Registration Cancellation Policy
AICC, The Independent Packaging Association is an international trade association with the majority of its members manufacturing corrugated products throughout North America. As such, AICC members are bound to uphold the letter and spirit of all applicable competition and antitrust laws.
In all AICC forums, whether meetings, print or electronic communication, formal presentations, or other public pronouncements, there will be no statements or discussion allowed concerning prices, customer or market allocations, specific accounts, customers, discounts, terms and all other matters prohibited by law.
AICC Antitrust Compliance Manual
AICC General Counsel David Goch comprehensive policy guidelines for adhering to the nation's antitrust laws, covering price fixing, price discrimination, and dealing with distributions as well as tie-ins, termination and licenses.
Thank you for being part of AICC Communities. To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, as well as maintain the legality of the forum, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
- Discussions are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention.
- Use caution when discussing products, and all discussions regarding any element of business competition should be avoided. Information posted should be treated as if it were available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not express or post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not express/post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
Again, to emphasize, ideas/opinions/content should not be expressed/posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade or that eliminates an element of competition. Ideas/views/content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, activities of the Communities are offered as a service of AICC. AICC is not responsible for the opinions and information expressed or posted by others. AICC disclaims all warranties with regard to information/opinions expressed. In no event shall AICC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information or views expressed.
In the interest of providing an outlet to recognize AICC member efforts and accomplishments, AICC will publish member press releases and news announcements using the following guidelines:
- AICC will publish press releases if the subject matter is about company and/or employee recognition, promotions, and/or awards received. Press releases of a nature other than the above, such as plant expansion, may be published on a case-by-case basis, space permitting, with preference given to Regular (box maker) members.
- AICC will not publish press releases that are sales or product (promotion) oriented.
- AICC reserves the right to edit the press release as necessary.
- Member press releases will be included in the BoxScore and/or inBox a space available basis.
- Members may include a photo (hard copy or jpeg file at 300 dpi) with their press release. The photo may be included on a space available basis.
For more information or to send press releases to AICC, please contact Alyce Ryan at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we handle the information we gather when you visit our web site-
Web server activity logs
Like most web servers on the Internet, our servers collect and store all of the information that your web browser sends when it requests a web page, including:
- the name, domain, and numerical internet address of the "host" computer (typically a computer belonging to your Internet Service Provider and not your personal computer) from which you access the Internet;
- the date and time you accessed our site;
- the Internet address of the web page that you came from;
- the page you requested from our site and the number of characters sent to your computer; and
- the information your web browser software sends as its so-called "User Agent," which typically identifies the browser software and may also indicate the operating system and type of CPU used in your personal computer.
It is impossible to determine the actual identity of an individual user from this information.
The logs are periodically summarized and analyzed in order to study site usage over time and to perform other studies to help us improve the site's organization, performance, and usefulness.
When you send us personal identifying information via e-mail (that is, in a message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a form that e-mails us this information), we use it to respond to your requests. We do not distribute lists of e-mail addresses to any parties outside of AICC.
When you voluntarily provide us with personal information as part of an online survey, we use it to perform various quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve customer service and satisfaction. You are under no obligation to participate in such surveys. Non-participation will not inhibit your use of our web site in any way. If you provided the information to us in error, you may request its removal at any time.
When you voluntarily provide us with personal information such as name, shipping and billing address, and credit card number when ordering products online, we use the information to fulfill your order. We may forward the information to other computer systems (such as secure electronic commerce servers) to complete the requested transaction.
Collection and release of gathered information
We want to make it clear that we will not obtain personal identifying information about you when you visit our web sites, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Except in the course of officially authorized law enforcement investigations, or in the event of a suspected attempt to deliberately circumvent our system's security with the intent to gain unauthorized access or to do physical damage (for example, an attack by hackers), we do not attempt to identify individual users or share any information we receive with any parties outside of AICC.
Retention of collected information
- Web server activity logs
- Online surveys
Links to Non-AICC Sites
Links and pointers to non-AICC sites are provided for information only and do not constitute endorsement, express or implied by AICC of the referenced organizations, their suitability, content, products, or services, whether they are governmental, educational, or commercial.
Non-Endorsement of Commercial and Other Non-AICC Products and Services
Hypertext links and other references to non-AICC products and services are provided for information only and do not constitute endorsement or warranty, express or implied, by AICC, as to their suitability, content, usefulness, functioning, completeness, or accuracy.
You are welcome to make a link to any of the Web pages AICC has published on the Internet. There is no need to request permission.
AICC reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any AICC event, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. AICC may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by COH including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
A person attending an AICC event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact AICC at 113 S. West Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. AICC will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence.
All course cancellations must be made in writing and sent to AICC. Registrants who cancel more than three weeks prior to the program will receive a full refund of the registration fee; three weeks or less but more than one week - 50% of the registration fee will be refunded; less than one week or no show receives no refund. Substitutions are encouraged. 100% and 50% refunds can be applied to future programs. Extenuating circumstances that require withdrawal from a Mastermind Group will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If AICC cancels any program a full refund will be provided. AICC reserves the right to cancel if attendance does not meet required levels.
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to AICC Headquarters. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted nor processed. Refunds will be made the same manner as the payment was received (i.e., a check payment will receive a check refund). AICC will honor refunds up to a week before the meeting or before the final confirmation goes out whichever occurs first. A no-show does not count as a cancellation and will not be refunded.
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to AICC Headquarters. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted nor processed. Refunds will be made the same manner as the payment was received (i.e., a check payment will receive a check refund). Cancellations received in writing on or before 30 days prior to the meeting will receive a full refund of their paid meeting registration and event fees less a $100 processing fee per person registered. Cancellations received more than two weeks, but less than one month before the meeting will receive 50% of their paid meeting registration and event fees per person registered. Cancellations received in writing less than two weeks before a meeting will not receive a refund of any fees paid.
* *Cancellations received in writing will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and AICC reserves the right to only issue a credit in approved cases. Cancellations and discounts received more than 30 days after the end of the meeting will not be considered. In the event that a cancellation will affect the discount of a company’s third and subsequent registration, the full meeting registration fee will be charged if applicable (i.e. If A, B and C register for the meeting, C will receive the discount rate. If B should then cancel, C will be charged the full meeting rate, as the discount no longer applies). Substitutions are allowed and must be made in writing by the original registrant prior to the meeting. Meeting Policy: All meeting registration fees, including those for ancillary events, must be paid in full prior to the start of the meeting. Registration rates are for AICC meeting attendees and include spouses or guests. Employees or co-workers employed by the same company group DO NOT qualify as guests. There are no separate fees for single attendees nor can registrations be pro-rated by individual days or events.
Cancellations for all optional paid events will be refunded 7 days prior to the event less a $25 processing fee. Cancellations received within 7 days of the event will be refunded less a $25 processing fee IF we can resell the reserved space.