The Level II, 12-week, course defines the foundational skill set needed by novice graphic artists in the early years of their careers and has been designed to recognize those who have attained a basic level of prepress operations; including working with Adobe® Creative Suite, as well as other desktop applications. Before taking the Level II examination, individuals must meet all prerequisite skills and have already completed the Level I certification course.
The FIRST Press Operator certification program is designed for press operators wanting to gain an expert proficiency of flexographic press operations. At the completion of the three levels, students will have a solid understanding of: FIRST specifications; the appropriate procedures for evaluating press conditions to achieve optimal results and reduce waste; how to communicate effectively with the entire supply chain; and the use of statistical process control to maintain press run consistency & color accuracy.
A certified FIRST Prepress Operator is an expert in the field of flexographic prepress (graphics) operations.
Objectives: This expert prepress professional excels in the areas of graphic file assembly, preparation and management, image capture, process color calibration, and measuring and controlling print variables throughout the entire workflow.
- Efficiently build graphic files to provide accurate and repeatable color on press
- Calibrate color measurement instruments and output devices for consistency
- Employ best process color separation techniques
- Evaluate press conditions to achieve optimal print results
- Effectively use preflight and proofing practices
- Employ optimization practices for the plate package
- Use data verification to solve prepress issues before they reach production
- Improve communication from the customer to prepress to the pressroom
Through a partnership with FTA this course available to AICC members at the FTA member rate.
NOTE: It generally takes approximately 2 to 3 business days to process your registration for one of these courses.