The Level III, 12-week, course is the highest prepress certification offered by Foundation of (Flexographic Technical Association) FFTA and is designed to recognize those who have attained a high-degree of technical prepress operations, knowledge and skill. Students must demonstrate FIRST techniques for measuring and controlling print variables throughout the entire flexographic workflow, and must familiar with FIRST specifications and how to implement them proficiently. Before taking the Level III examination, individuals must meet all prerequisite skills and have already completed the Levels I & II certification courses.
The FIRST Prepress Certification Program is designed for prepress personnel wanting to gain an expert proficiency of flexographic prepress operations. At the completion of the three levels, students will have a solid understanding of FIRST job assembly specifications, and the application of FIRST continuous tone color separation specifications, prepress calibration practices, and prepress output practices.A certified FIRST Prepress Operator is an expert in the field of flexographic prepress (graphics) operations.
Objectives: This expert prepress professional excels in the areas of graphic file assembly, preparation and management, image capture, process color calibration, and measuring and controlling print variables throughout the entire workflow.
- Efficiently build graphic files to provide accurate and repeatable color on press
- Calibrate color measurement instruments and output devices for consistency
- Employ best process color separation techniques
- Evaluate press conditions to achieve optimal print results
- Effectively use preflight and proofing practices
- Employ optimization practices for the plate package
- Use data verification to solve prepress issues before they reach production
- Improve communication from the customer to prepress to the pressroom
Through a partnership with FTA this course available to AICC members at the FTA member rate.
NOTE: It generally takes approximately 2 to 3 business days to process your registration for one of these courses.