The Level II, 12-week, course defines the foundational skill set needed by novice flexographers in the early years of their careers. The primary focus of this course is to provide a base knowledge of the flexographic workflow including design, prepress and press practices, with special emphasis on the preparation and production of printing line work, halftones and one- and two- color printing. Before taking the Level II examination, individuals must meet all prerequisite skills and have already completed the Level I certification course.
The FIRST Implementation Specialist Certification Program is designed for non-production personnel, including suppliers of flexographic products and services. At the completion of the three levels, students will have a solid understanding of FIRST methodology and be able to effectively communicate, analyze and apply FIRST design/prepress /print specifications.
A certified FIRST Implementation Specialist is an expert in the field of flexographic printing support, consultation and communication.
Objectives: This certification is designed for supervisors, managers and non-production personnel, including suppliers of flexographic products and services. A FIRST Implementation Specialist is proficient in communicating the principles and practices of FIRST to apply them effectively across the entire flexographic supply chain.
- Foster effective communication between customers, printers and suppliers
- Open collaboration between prepress and press for consistent and repeatable print
- Employ process control elements and data collection for quality improvement
- Calibrate and use measurement devices for print production analysis
- Incorporate proper fingerprinting and analysis to enhance workflow productivity
- Communicate optimization practices from the plate package to print production
- Develop print evaluation and documentation procedures
- Lead implementation of FIRST methodology across the entire workflow
Through a partnership with FTA this course available to AICC members at the FTA member rate.
NOTE: It generally takes approximately 2 to 3 business days to process your registration for one of these courses.