Digital Printing on Corrugated Only 25 Seats Available
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Posted by: Alyce Ryan
AICC, The Independent Packaging Association is reprising its seminar, Digital Printing on Corrugated, October 10-11 in Glen Arm, MD. This seminar is designed for companies starting to get into digital or considering it.
The debut of this seminar was in February 2018, where to a sold-out crowd, developers and users shared their knowledge, experience, and lessons learned. Of the initial seminar Phil Breeks, Progress Container, said, “this is an excellent introductory course with great depth of speakers, expertise and content.” The member demand for this successful course encouraged AICC to produce it again.
Hosted at SUN Automation, presenters and sessions include:
- Dave Carmichael, Sun Automation – Prepare for Success Confirmed
- Paul Aliprando. Sun Automation – What are you trying to do with Digital?
- Troy Hewgly, DS Smith – Digital Specific Corrugated
- Lee Metters, Domino Digital – Digital Inks
- Sean Moloney, Sun Automation – Business Models & Digital Sales
- Ray Weiss, SGIA – Color and Color Software
The seminar will touch all the concerns and issues with direct digital print on corrugated. Many areas of the seminar will have hands-on training using a digital printer. "I enjoyed the ability to see the machine work, understand how it worked, and then apply what we were learning," said Mike D'Allessandro, Vineland Packaging Corp, an attendee of the February seminar.
- Review different digital printers.
- Understand the capabilities of digital printing and customer needs and expectations.
- Know the workflow required for preprint activities, including file, color management, and the internal software for the print engine to place the ink on the paper.
- Learn different drop sizes and their effect on the printed file.
- Review the business model of digital and the total cost of ownership model to understand the disruption and changes to production processing system, material costs, staffing, hardware and support personnel, and cost differences of the digitally printed sheet versus flexo or litho printing.
- Understand the possibilities for getting started in digital and building a digital platform for customers at the level and pace that works for their company.
Only 25 seats are available in this seminar and it is expected to sell out. Learn more at www.aiccbox.org/calendar or contact Taryn Pyle, Director of Education and Leadership Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.535.1391.
About AICC, The Independent Packaging Association
We are a growing membership association which has served independents since 1974, by providing access to education and information in print, in person, and online. AICC membership is for the full company- join and all employees at all locations have access to member benefits. In April 2017 AICC began offering free online education to all members to help the individual maximize their potential and the member company maximize its profit. When companies invest and engage, AICC will deliver success.