AICC Recyclers Next Event - Toronto Annual Meeting
Monday, July 8, 2019
Posted by: Alyce Ryan
Attention, AICC Recyclers!
It’s time to start planning our next Team Recyclers cycling event, and thanks to our generous host, Kim Nelson, it will be fantastic. The ride will take place on Saturday, September 14, just before the start of AICC’s 2019 Annual Meeting at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto.
Here's our preliminary ride plan:
Friday, September 13
Arrive in Toronto. You have two options after arrival: 1) proceed to the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto where AICC’s Annual Meeting will be held; or 2) book in for one night at the Toronto Airport Marriott, 901 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON M9W 1J5, This second option makes more sense for those flying in because it is 20 minutes closer to our ride start than the Westin. To make reservations at the Toronto Airport Marriott, call 416-674-9400, or go to https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yyzot-toronto-airport-marriott-hotel/
Friday Evening: dinner locally
Saturday, September 14
Gather at Westin or Toronto Airport Marriott Saturday morning for group transportation to Kim’s house in Caledon, the ride starting point.
(Distance from Westin Harbor Castle hotel in Toronto to Caledon is 60 minutes; Distance from Toronto airport to Caledon is 40 minutes)
Meet at Kim’s house Saturday morning between 8-9am
- All Rental bikes will be delivered to Kim’s house by rental bike shop
- On-site mechanic will adjust and fit riders to rental bikes
- Water, Gatorade and power bars will be provided by Kim
- Bike Routes: 60km/75km/90km 3 distances for various levels; staged to meet at same checkpoints
- All rides will be guided by one of Kim’s fellow teammates from C3 tri club
- Everyone will depart at 10am sharp
- Everyone should have a chance to meet at Hockley Valley General Store for coffee and baked goods at the same time (about 2-2-1/2 hours in)
- Everyone will return to Kim’s house roughly the same time, longest group returning about 2pm
- Post ride spread provided by bike rental company
PLUS BBQ in Kim’s backyard provided by Kim, PLUS lots of beer and Prosecco!
Departure to hotel in Toronto about 5pm (Westin or back to airport hotel)
Here’s what we need from you:
1. Your RSVP – “I’m in!” or “Can’t make it this time.”
2. Will you need a rental bike? Yes/No
3. Size of bike? eg., 52, 54, 56, etc.
Once we have these initial details we can figure out cost per person for transportation and bike rental. Please send us your RSVP and bike needs by Friday, June 28, so Kim can begin planning on her end.
Thanks, everyone, and special thanks to Kim Nelson for hosting us!
Contact: Steve Young email@example.com or Kim Nelson at