AICC’s Rising Stars - Student Design Winners & Troll Scholarship Recipients
Monday, September 21, 2020
Posted by: Alyce Ryan
AICC, the Independent Packaging Association is pleased to announce the recipients for the 2020-2021 J. Richard Troll Scholarship and the winners of the 2020 Annual Student Packaging Design Competition.
All of the winners in the student design competition receive a monetary award and plaque. The troll scholarship recipients receive a plaque and a monetary scholarship is sent to their respective schools for the next calendar year.
AICC 2020 Student Design Winners
Due to the challenges that students were facing because of Covid-19, AICC modified the competition. This year, students did not need to send a physical entry. Students had to digitally create and design a “Golf Gift Package” shipper to promote a golf tournament like the 2020 Ryder Cup. Structurally, the task was to build a box that could safely ship 2 traditional 16-oz beer glasses, 3 golf balls, 100 golf tees, and 1 baseball hat. Graphically, they needed to design their own tournament logo, promote the tournament and its location, and give the customer a “wow” factor when unboxing.
- The First Place winners were Sabelle Conradi, Cory Nyholm, Suzy Lempe, Linn Ericksen, Riley Mingo, Jason Hetland, and Emma Hall from Dunwoody College of Technology located in Minneapolis, MN.
- The Second Place winners were Etai Chen-Zion, Brooke Hager, Sarah Costantini, and Ren Blanding from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo.
AICC would like to thank judges Jim Nelson, Tony Schleich, Jerry Frisch, Nelva Walz and Paul Aliprando for sharing their time and expertise so generously.
AICC 2020-2021 J. Richard Troll Scholarship Recipients
Graduate Student Recipient:
- First Place Winner: Erin Clark, Clemson University
Undergraduate Student Recipients:
- First Place Winner: Jaiden Gorniak, Appalachian State University
- Second Place Winner: Jonathan Porter, Virginia Tech
- Third Place Winner: Nirav Chhajed, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
For more information on the annual AICC Student Packaging Design Competition and the J. Richard Troll Scholarship, please contact Laura Mihalick at 703-836-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.